DIET FOR CHOLESTEROL
What we do to help you? First of all our doctors take down and analyze your medical history and lifestyle in detail and go through your tests . They also analyze your unique bioenergy( body type).They make you understand the physiology and pathology behind your elevated levels. Certain herbs are advised which help you to eliminate toxins from your body and strengthen your digestive system in general and liver in particular. Our doctors plan out an easy to follow diet plan in order to make you lose excessive weight if any and keeping your diet low in cholesterol and high in beneficial fibre, antioxidants, and good fats. . We offer diet plan to control cholesterol Indian herbs and botanical products are used to treat cholesterol. Online diets for cholesterol management are also available. Who said that having high cholesterol means - No to tasty food we provide with recipes to make sure that you have variety which are low in fat and yet are full of taste and nutrients which make your experience with us of controlling your cholesterol, effortless and enjoyable. Build a healthy heart from the ground up – an eating plan based on fruit, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and legumes with lean protein choices is the foundation for managing your cholesterol.
Useful Guidlines :
- Watch your Weight : Overweight and obese people are more prone to high cholesterol.
- Set a Target : That depends on several factors, including personal and family history of heart disease, as well as whether you have cardiovascular risk factors, such as obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and smoking.
- Consider Medication : Lifestyle modifications make sense for anyone with elevated cholesterol.
- Get Moving : In addition to lowering LDL "bad" cholesterol, regular physical activity can raise HDL "good" cholesterol by up to 10%. The benefits come even with moderate exercise, such as brisk walking.
- Avoid Saturated Fat : Start eating more 'smart' fats . It is recommended to substitute canola oil or olive oil for vegetable oil, butter, stick margarine, lard, or shortening while cutting back on meat and eating more fish.
- Switch to Olive Oil : Olive oil is good for lowering cholesterol but the food should not be cooked on high heat.
- Eat more Fiber : Fruits and vegetables, including whole grains, are good sources not only of heart-healthy antioxidants but also cholesterol-lowering dietary fiber. Soluble fiber, in particular, can help lower cholesterol. It "acts like a sponge to absorb cholesterol "in the digestive tract. Good sources of soluble fiber include dried beans, oats, and barley, as well as fiber products containing psyllium.
- Eat more Fruits to add more fiber.
- Feed on Oats - oats act as sponge to absorb cholesterol.
- The biggest heart benefits have been linked to omega-3s found in fish.
- Go Easy on Eggs.
- Get Health kick from Skim Milk.
- Drink Up : Moderate consumption of alcohol can raise levels of HDL "good" cholesterol by as much as 10%. Doctors say up to one drink a day makes sense for women, up to two a day for men.
- Drink Green : Green tea as a healthier alternative to sodas and sugary beverages. Indeed, research in both animals and humans has shown that green tea contains compounds that can help lower LDL cholesterol.
- Cut Back on Coffee.
- Eat Nuts : Extensive research has demonstrated that regular consumption of nuts can bring modest reductions in cholesterol. Walnuts and almonds seem particularly beneficial. But nuts are high in calories, so limit you to a handful a day.
- Try the Special Seed - take psyllium seeds to avoid constipation.
- Take Garlic.
- Don't Smoke : Smoking lowers levels of HDL "good" cholesterol and is a major risk factor for heart disease.
POTENTIAL WEAPONS AGAINST CHOLESTROL
- Lemongrass oil
- Rice Bran Oil
DIET FOR ARTHRITIS
The term Arthritis includes several conditions characterized by pain and inflammation of the joints. Whether inflammation is caused by an autoimmune disease, such as Rheumatoid arthritis, or caused by time and wear and tear of the joints, such as Osteoarthritis. Arthritis can be controlled with alternative medicine and a close watch on the diet. Eating a balanced, nutritious diet helps support the body so it can heal itself naturally. While some arthritic conditions may not be reversed, many sufferers can reduce their pain considerably by following some simple dietary advice. A consultation with our Ayurvedic Doctor, Nutritionist, to learn more about holistic medicine for arthritis may yield Additional diet or lifestyle advice to help you manage your condition.
DIET FOR ARTHRITIC PEOPLE
Arthritic people must take special care of their diet. Under Ayurvedic treatments for arthritis, people are recommended to eat such food that does not lead to the creation of gas in the body. They should also avoid excessive cold and spicy - fried foods as well as sweets. Things like tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa should be taken in moderation.
- Protein Sources : Fish provides excellent low-fat protein. Fish is also packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Increasing fish consumption or supplementing with flax or chia seeds provides additional sources of omega-3 fatty acids. This substance reduces inflammation.
- Whole Grains : Whole wheat breads, whole grains ,multi grains, pastas should be preferred.
- Having green salad, with a dressing of lemon juice and some salt is very good for people suffering from Arthritis.
- They should consume fruits like Apples, Oranges, Grapes and Papaya.
- Arthritic people should try to cook their food with spices like cumin, coriander, ginger, asafoetida, garlic, fennel, licorice and turmeric as they have anti inflammatory effect on joints. Certain foods that can exacerbate the inflammatory response in arthritis. Chemicals within certain foods can increase inflammation or reduce inflammation.
- Sugar in all its forms is an addictive food that provides no nutrients and only energy calories.
- Red Meat : Eating red meat several times a week can contribute to or worsen arthritis. Arthritis sufferers may wish to reduce or avoid red meat consumption.
- Products rich in saturated fatty acids.
- Regular physical exercise, special supporting exercises and massage with oil, should form an important part of life style of arthritis treatment.. If you are able to maintain your optimum weight, then to fight with Arthritis is pretty easier for you.